Delivered through presentations, interactive exercises and case studies, key topics of discussion will include:
Current and emerging physician compensation plan trends and alignment strategies:
- Variables that may influence physician compensation.
- Governance of physician compensation arrangements.
- Changing compensation arrangements to reflect evolving reimbursement and the movement from volume to value.
- Physician on-call pay strategies.
- Strategies for compensating independent physicians, including professional services, income support and co-management arrangements.
Updates on the regulatory environment:
- Implications of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute.
- IRS rebuttable presumption of reasonableness and the impact on health care organizations in determining fair market value for physician compensation arrangements.
- Recent advisory opinions and court cases.
MARKET BENCHMARKING OF PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION:
- Techniques for determining fair market value.
- Use (and abuse) of market survey data and key survey sources.
- Utilization of quality benchmarking survey data.