Virtually impossible to find elsewhere
Accurate and contemporary pay practices and rates for physician call coverage are difficult to obtain. Now in its twelfth year, this survey is the most comprehensive report of physician on-call pay rates and practices in the U.S. Reporting on over 30 specialties, the survey contains a rich data set reflecting a number of variables and topics related to call pay, including physician call panel sizes by specialty area, telemedicine call pay practices, compensation practice for concurrent coverage. It also includes data for restricted and unrestricted call coverage, which is important in setting accurate call pay rates, both from a financial and fair market value perspective. Organizations across the U.S. have used this data to help develop their physician on-call pay design strategies, in contract negotiations with physicians and to support the fair market value of their physician compensation arrangements.
- On-call pay practices for both employed and nonemployed physicians
- Compensation data and pay rates, including total on-call pay expenditures
- Details on both restricted and unrestricted call coverage, as well as concurrent and excess call arrangements
- Pay rate data includes unrestricted on-call rates paid for general emergency medicine coverage, trauma coverage and rates paid by trauma centers.
- Information on a number of specialties including but not limited to: cardiology, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatric surgery, radiology and trauma surgery