This Event is sold out and no longer accepting registrations
Can Your Organization Navigate Today’s Physician Compensation Challenges?
With more hospitals employing physicians, today’s health care professionals require a unique set of skills and knowledge to navigate this complex environment. Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. has developed a physician compensation training and development program geared toward those responsible for administering and designing physician compensation as well as managing and negotiating physician contracts. This trend toward physician alignment and employment requires health care professionals in a variety of disciplines, such as human resources, legal, compliance and finance, to have specialized expertise to manage this evolving field.
Please join us to learn more about the underlying concepts and regulations governing physician compensation as well as appropriate market pricing methodologies for various physician employment situations. Commercially available market data surveys will be discussed, including the data elements and market segments represented in the surveys.
Sessions feature hands-on exercises to allow participants the ability to apply leaned concepts and ask questions. Analysts, managers and executives involved in the physician compensation function should come away from the session with the knowledge and ability to apply sound compensation principles to developing and administering physician compensation in their organization.
To address this need, our physician compensation training and development program focuses on key topic areas such as:
- Regulatory environment, including summary information on Stark law, Anti-Kickback Statute, IRS rebuttable presumption and the impact on health care organizations in determining fair market value for physician compensation arrangements.
- Market benchmarking of physician compensation, including best practices as it relates to benchmarking techniques, use (and abuse) of market survey data, and key survey sources.
- Emerging physician compensation plans and strategies, including a number of variables that may compose physician compensation.
- Physician on-call pay arrangements and how to identify when you have a risk.
- Governance of physician compensation arrangements, including an overall governance guideline.
- Emerging physician compensation trends and strategies.
- Alignment approaches for independent physician including: professional services arrangements, income support arrangements and co-management arrangements.
Who Should attend?
- HR professionals involved in physician compensation and benefits
- Physician management
- Update on current and emerging trends in physician compensation
- Provide high-level understanding of physician compensation concepts and principles
- Training on proper application and use of market survey data
- Reinforcement of best practices through interactive exercises and case studies
- Overview of physician compensation in NFP practice environment
Day One: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Regulatory/Compliance Considerations
- Market Survey Data: Overview and Usage
- Physician Market Pricing (Case Studies)
- On-Call Pay
- Gourmet Dinner with Seminar Presenters
Day Two: 8:30 a.m. to Noon
- Total Compensation Analysis: Illustration
- Physician Compensation Strategies
- Environmental Assessment and Physician Compensation Trends
Omni San Francisco Hotel, 500 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94101
SullivanCotter has arranged for a discounted room block for seminar attendees. Please note, rooms must be reserved prior to October 16 to receive the discounted rate. To reserve a room and take advantage of the discounted room rate, click here.
$1,200 for the 1st participant,
$1,000 for the 2nd participant,
and $800 for the 3rd participant from the same organization