PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting research to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including financial information, compensation and rewards and corporate performance.
- Researching, gathering and analyzing data to determine the appropriate salary level and job title for existing and proposed positions.
- Conducting market pricing, assisting in peer group selection, survey analyses, interpreting salary data, financial modeling and special research projects.
- Assisting with report and proposal writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis and results as well as proofing for accuracy.
- Participating in appropriate Client Delivery Team meetings to understand team and Client initiatives.
- Responding to Client-related requests, as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with an emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or health care administration.
- One to two years of business-related experience is required, preferably involving data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design.
- Experience working within a consulting, compensation or health care-related firm is preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Basic programming experience is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process.
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work.
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner.
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data.
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Exceptional employee service orientation.
- Capable of working in a group as a strong team player.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.