Managing Principal and Office Leader
Warren Kerper is a Managing Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. He also serves as Practice Committee co-chair and leads the firm in identifying health care industry trends and talent insights that influence our clients’ strategies and decisions.
With more than 25 years of executive management and consulting experience, Warren uses his rich insights about what’s going on in the industry to develop and implement pay programs for executives and employees in tax-exempt organizations such as health systems, academic medical centers and managed care organizations. He also advises higher education and research institutions on executive pay issues.
Warren’s experience includes:
- Designing and implementing holistic executive compensation programs that align with each organization’s strategic plans, mission and balanced scorecard of financial, operational, patient/member and workforce results.
- Facilitating leaders in the development of total compensation philosophies that meet their organizations’ needs based on the specific pay and labor markets, as well as their specialized talent needs.
- Consulting with boards and board committees in the areas of executive and physician compensation governance to ensure pay is appropriate and reasonable, meeting both their internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- Advising not-for-profit organizations during detailed investigations and audits by government regulators, ensuring that clients comply with and maintain compliance related to executive pay.
- Developing customized executive compensation surveys and affinity groups for specific not-for-profit industry sectors to further drill down and align with an organization’s emerging talent and leadership requirements.
Previously, he was a leader in a global human resources consulting firm and led its compensation consulting team that focused on tax-exempt organizations.
Warren earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from the State University of New York at Albany and a Master of Business Administration from the Simon Graduate School of Business at the University of Rochester in New York.