Principal and APC Workforce Practice Co-Leader
Trish Anen is a Principal and the APC Workforce Practice Co-Leader at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With over 30 years of combined clinical, executive and consulting experience, Trish has a deep understanding of the evolving health care marketplace and helps organizations implement enhanced models of care and optimize provider team performance.
As hospital and health systems nationwide aim to improve quality, manage population health and lower the cost of care, the demand for advanced practice clinicians (APC) continues to grow. Leveraging her operational expertise, Trish works closely with clients to advance their provider practices and integrate APCs into the care delivery system. She also has an extensive background in APC workforce management and developing strategies to optimize, align and engage the entire provider team.
Trish’s experience includes:
- Developing comprehensive and custom approaches to transforming team-based models of care across multiple practice environments.
- Optimizing provider team efficiency and maximizing productivity through the increased utilization of APCs.
- Conducting assessments to improve the structure of APC programs, including compensation, scope of practice, models of care, clinical operations and leadership practices.
- Improving physician assistant and nurse practitioner recruitment and retention strategies and promoting positive practice environments.
- Developing assessment tools, benchmarking reports and other advisory resources to support the management of the APC workforce.
Trish was previously with the Illinois Health and Hospital Association (IHA), where she was the Vice President of Advisory Services. She also co-founded The Center for Advancing Provider Practices (CAP2TM) during her time spent as the Chief Clinical Officer at the Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council (MCHC). Prior to this, Trish served as both the Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Operating Officer at Edward Hospital and as the Vice President of Human Resources at Rush Copley Medical Center, both in the greater Chicago, Illinois, area.
Trish is a registered nurse and holds a Nurse Executive Advanced-Board Certified (NEA-BC). She also holds a Master of Business Administration from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, and is a fellow of the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business Nurse Executive Program.