Managing Principal and Office Leader
Tom Pavlik is a Managing Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. He has more than 25 years of consulting experience and is considered an expert advisor to large not-for-profit, integrated health care systems that operate regionally and across multiple states. He also works with some of the largest pediatric hospitals in the country.
Tom’s experience includes:
- Using customized peer groups and analytics to help health care organizations recruit and retain top talent for both the traditional and emerging leadership roles required in the competitive market and innovative care models.
- Designing executive compensation, as well as long- and short-term incentives plans for leaders of large, complex organizations to better compete for specialized talent.
- Maintaining deep knowledge of the health care business challenges and awareness of compensation philosophies in order to be responsive to time-sensitive, speed-to-market strategies and hiring.
- Leading audits, design and end-to-end implementations of executive and staff compensation, incentives and benefit programs in ways that increase engagement and deliver on performance goals.
- Working with boards and compensation committees to ensure compliance with IRS Intermediate Sanctions legislation.
As the primary, original author of the firm’s annual Manager and Executive Compensation in Hospitals and Health Systems Survey, Tom continues to help maintain the integrity and value of the survey by serving as the subject matter expert. He identifies emerging industry trends and positions that need to be reflected in the survey. He is also the survey spokesman and is featured each year through coverage in Modern Healthcare.
He is a member of the Society for Human Resources Management and WorldatWork, which has designated him as a certified compensation professional. Recently, Tom has presented to the Children’s Hospital Association on the topic of Executive Compensation in Pediatric Hospitals and Health Systems.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Science in computer science from St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, and his Master of Business Administration is from the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia.