Terry Pflager is the Chief Operating Officer for Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With over 30 years of human resources and management consulting experience, Terry has long served as a trusted adviser to a number of large employers across the country. He has a strong track record of leading large and operationally complex organizations through transformational change, and specializes in developing programs to promote the alignment of internal infrastructure and resources with overall business strategy.
As the health care industry rapidly evolves and organizations face an increasingly diverse set of challenges, SullivanCotter continues to look for ways to drive greater value for clients. Leveraging his deep market expertise and understanding of the health care industry, Terry is responsible for leading the development and management of firm’s overall operational strategy. His focus on driving market growth, expansion of multiple product and service lines, and the continuous development of a fast-growing team of consultants and industry leaders plays a vital role in helping the firm to scale its operations and develop long-term and sustainable client solutions.
His experience includes:
- Establishing firm-wide client satisfaction programs
- Implementing associate development programs, including internal education around new service lines and capabilities
- Managing service lines in large markets, with employees working across several geographies
- Aligning human resource planning and activities with overall business strategy
- Driving marketplace growth and development through various demand strategies
- Conducting evaluations of internal infrastructure and developing strategies for alignment of resources
Terry joins us from Willis Towers Watson, where he first opened Watson Wyatt’s St. Louis office back in 1995. After a number of mergers, he was appointed Market Leader of the firm’s Missouri/Kansas market, where he managed nearly 200 employees in two different offices.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Princeton University.