Kimberly A. Mobley
Kimberly A. Mobley is a Managing Principal and the Leader of the Physician Fair Market Value Team at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With over 30 years as a consultant to the health care industry, Kim is a national expert on physicians’ compensation and fair market value. She provides advice and opinions to health systems of all sizes and specialties, as well as to expert law practices and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Kim is the primary author of SullivanCotter’s industry-leading physician compensation surveys: the Physician Compensation and Productivity Survey Report and the Physician On-Call Pay Survey Report. In addition, she leads the creation of surveys to benchmark all facets of compensating physicians, including pay practices, on-call policies, total cash, benefits and production-level metrics.
Kim’s experience includes:
- Designing physician compensation strategies and professional services agreements that address the industry evolution from private practice to physician employment, co-management arrangements and into the physicians-as-leaders marketplace.
- Advising health systems and physician groups on aligning performance plans and rewards with value-based reimbursement environments to ensure achievement of organizational strategies and goals.
- Developing physician compensation governance strategies that help organizations achieve a balance of business and medical goals, including financial stability and population health, as well as quality and patient safety.
- Leading due diligence reviews of physician compensation practices, arrangements and compensation levels for mergers and acquisitions to provide early insights on client investments.
- Using market data interpretations and deep industry knowledge to evaluate fair market value and commercial reasonableness.
Kim is a national expert on physician compensation regulatory issues and is often asked to speak, publish and lead seminars on the topic. Over the past few years, she’s been a regular speaker on the topic of physicians’ compensation for the Children’s Hospital Association.
She is a member of various professional organizations, including the American Health Lawyer’s Association and WorldatWork, by whom she is designated a Certified Compensation Professional.
Kim received a Bachelor of Arts from Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, and a Master of Arts in Industrial Relations from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.