Kay Jensen is a Principal and the APC Workforce Practice Co-Leader. She has more than 25 years of experience in health care management and consulting and works with hospitals and health systems nationwide to align advanced practice clinician (APC) strategy and compensation with new models of care.
Health care organizations continue to tap into the potential of APCs as they look to improve quality, expand access and lower the cost of care, and require a comprehensive strategy to ensure that physician and APC teams operate efficiently. Kay works closely with clients to develop the programs and infrastructure needed to integrate APCs into the organization and support high-performing provider teams. She specializes in the design of compensation and performance management solutions needed to stay ahead of the changing marketplace.
Kay’s experience includes:
- Designing APC total compensation programs to reinforce desired outcomes and align with team-based care approaches.
- Assisting in total compensation philosophy and strategy development, including market competitive analyses and providing reasonableness opinions.
- Overseeing the development of custom compensation and benefits surveys, benchmarking assessment tools and other advisory resources to support APC workforce management.
- Developing performance management and incentive programs, including the evaluation of individual and organizational measures.
- Improving recruitment and retention programs, including the creation of effective staffing models and career ladders.
- Compensation program audits/cost and savings analysis for special or premium pay practices.
Prior to joining the firm, Kay was a Senior Consultant with Towers Perrin. She also served as a Chief Human Resources Officer for a health care system in the Midwest and a Vice President of Human Resources for a primary care physician group.
Kay received her Bachelor of Arts from Beloit College, in Beloit, Wisconsin, and her master’s degree in health care administration from the University of St. Francis in Joliet, Illinois.