Kathy Hastings is a Managing Director at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. She has more than 20 years of consulting experience, primarily in the not-for-profit health care industry. Prior to joining SullivanCotter, Kathy was a Principal at Towers Perrin and a member of the firm’s executive compensation consulting practice.
During her career, Kathy has conducted and directed numerous projects in executive, physician and employee compensation in health care organizations. A sampling of these includes the following:
- Designing, implementing and communicating executive, physician and employee compensation and benefits programs.
- Speaking to boards and compensation committees regarding the corporate governance process for executive and physician compensation decisions.
- Working with boards and compensation committees to develop effective and compliant executive and physician compensation decision-making processes, governance procedures and responsibilities.
- Educating boards, compensation committees and executives on regulations affecting executive and physician compensation.
- Designing, implementing and communicating incentive, retirement and other benefits programs.
- Identifying and defining organization and individual performance measures and criteria for incentive and performance management programs.
- Designing and conducting custom compensation and benefits surveys.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding the reasonableness of compensation provided to disqualified persons of not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations.
- Developing job descriptions, job evaluation and job titling policies and procedures.
Kathy has a bachelor’s degree in management information sciences from Southern Methodist University in Dallas and attended graduate business school at both New York University and Rutgers University.