Jason Tackett is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Jason specializes in physician compensation related matters in pediatric hospitals and academic medical centers. He has worked with more than 100 health care organizations, which include hospitals, health systems, medical schools, academic medical centers and physician groups.
His experience includes:
- Aligning physician compensation programs with the strategic goals and objectives of health care organizations.
- Assisting health care organizations shift their physician compensation programs from volume-based to value-based while maintaining financial affordability.
- Assisting academic medical centers address funding and revenue challenges and navigate the complex environment of increased pressure on faculty practice plan/clinical practice while supporting their academic mission (research and education).
- Assessing fair market value and reasonableness of physician compensation arrangements (employed physicians and professional services agreements).
- Assisting organizations with compensation related matters in practice acquisitions.
- Assessing and developing clinical co-management arrangements.
- Financial modeling of physician practices.
- Assessing on-call pay and developing on-call pay programs.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason spent seven years at Ford Motor Company holding various leadership positions in engineering and marketing.
Jason received his Master of Business Administration degree and a Master of Science in engineering degree from the University of Michigan. He received his undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, with distinction, from the University of Michigan-Dearborn.