James Roth is a Managing Principal and the Employee Compensation Practice Leader for SullivanCotter. With 25 years of experience in human resources management and consulting, James specializes in developing total compensation programs for broad-based employees in large and operationally complex clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
As the health care industry continues its rapid transformation, health care organizations are evaluating both the competitiveness and sustainability of their total rewards strategies for employees at every level. James has advised clients in a range of industries that have undergone disruptive change including telecommunications, financial services and fast moving consumer goods.
His diverse expertise includes:
- Leading the design, implementation and communication of total rewards strategies, including employee compensation, benefits and career development.
- Creating integrated career frameworks and workforce planning models using span of control analysis and objective job definition criteria and competencies.
- Conducting merger and acquisition due diligence and integrating compensation plans to align with the new organization’s business strategy.
- Benchmarking compensation practices through objective and comprehensive market data.
- Designing short- and long-term incentive plans including measures to enhance overall performance.
Prior to joining the firm, James was a Senior Partner and the Global Rewards Practice Leader for Mercer, responsible for the development of client solutions with a globally diverse team. His experience includes operational responsibilities as the Vice President of Human Resources at Service Experts, Inc. in Nashville, TN.
James received his undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management from Birmingham-Southern College and completed graduate coursework in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Alabama.