James E. Rohan
Jim Rohan is one of the founders of Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. and serves as Vice President and Managing Director of the Firm. For more than 27 years, Jim has worked with boards of directors and senior management at more than 350 health care organizations in the development of executive, physician, broad-based employee compensation programs and strategic rewards systems.
Jim served for six years on the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s advisory committee on agriculture, labor and small business; served two terms as president of the Chicago Compensation Association and more than 10 years on its board of directors; and is a past member of the advisory board for DePaul University’s Master of Science in human resources program.
Jim is a member of WorldatWork, the American Society for Healthcare Human Resource Administration, the American College of Healthcare Executives, the Society for Human Resource Management and the Chicago Compensation Association. He was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award by both WorldatWork and the Chicago Compensation Association.
Jim’s most recent speaking engagements include the following:
- Becker’s Hospital Review Annual Meeting, May 2013: “The Changing Landscape of CEO & CFO Compensation.”
- Illinois Staff Physician Recruiters 12th Annual Midwest Recruiters Conference, November 2012: “What You Need to Know About Physicians Seminar – Employment and Compensation.”
- American Society of Healthcare Human Resources Association’s 48th Annual Conference, September 2012: “The Changing Executive & Physician Compensation.”
- SullivanCotter/DrinkerBiddle, May 2012: “The Total Remuneration of Executives and Physicians in Not-For-Profit Health Care Organizations.”
- Children’s Hospital Association HR Forum, April 2012: “Executive and Physician Compensation: Trends and Preparing for Increased Scrutiny.”
- Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council, February 2012: “Navigating the Complexities of Physician Compensation.”
- Human Resources Executives Roundtable, October 2011: “Trends and Issues in Executive Compensation.”
- American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration, September 2011: “An HR Executive’s Guide to Navigating Executive Compensation in a New Era of Health Care Reform.”
- Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council, September 2011: “Executive Compensation in the Changing World of Health Care.”
Jim earned his undergraduate and Master of Labor and Industrial Relations from Loyola University of Chicago. Jim teaches compensation seminars for the Chicago Compensation Association and was an instructor at the University of Wisconsin.