Chris Terranova Asselta is a Managing Director and Eastern Region Manager of Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Previously, she was the Director of Hay’s Northeast Health Care Practice, a member of the firm’s executive compensation consulting practice and a member of the Metro New York Executive Committee.
With more than 20 years of consulting experience in health care strategy, finance and compensation, Chris began her career as a hospital administrator. Her work on pay-related matters includes the following:
- Providing strategic and technical consulting to boards, executives and all levels of management.
- Designing, implementing and communicating executive, physician and employee total reward programs.
- Assisting compensation committee members with the development of performance measures for top executives.
- Developing criteria and guidelines that enable differentiation of executive pay based on job-related performance.
- Working with boards and compensation committees to develop effective and compliant governance policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing incentive programs for executives and physicians that link compensation to strategy execution.
- Developing custom compensation and benefits surveys.
- Providing formal opinions on the appropriateness of total compensation granted to executives and physicians.
Chris earned a Bachelor of Science from Boston College and a master’s degree in health policy and management from Harvard University. She is a member of multiple health care and human resources organizations, including the American College of Healthcare Executives, the Association of Human Resource Administrators of Greater New York, the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administrators, WorldatWork and the Society of Human Resource Management.