Andrew Lewis is a Principal at Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. and manages the firm’s business in the western United States. Prior to joining SullivanCotter, Andy was a Partner at Mercer specializing in health care and other tax-exempt organization executive and broad-based compensation. He is a specialist in helping health care institutions restructure their cash compensation programs to be more efficient and reflective of emerging market trends.
Andy brings more than 17 years of consulting experience to SullivanCotter. In addition to his projects with traditional health care organizations, he has worked extensively for tax-exempt research institutions, including Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) and national labs, as well as think tanks, membership associations and foundations.
His experience includes:
- Assisting the compensation committee of a large academic medical center on the design of a new employment contract for the CEO, development of change-in-control and severance agreements and the design of a long-term incentive plan.
- Conducting an audit of the pay programs and policies of a renowned academic medical center in order to facilitate an ongoing clinical integration program across their various subsidiaries.
- Designing a new annual incentive plan for a regional health care system to better align goal difficultly with that of industry peers.
- Advising the board of a large tax-exempt research institution on a new long-term incentive plan design.
- Helping a community hospital to restructure their executive reporting relationships.
- Developing a new job family based salary program for the employees of a large Midwest health care system.
- Working with numerous compensation committees of health care institutions to ensure compliance with IRS intermediate sanctions legislation.
Andy has a Bachelor of Arts in economics from the State University of New York at Geneseo and a Master of Industrial and Labor Relations degree from Cornell University.