Amy Noecker is a Principal in the APP Workforce Practice. She has over 25 years of professional experience in health care management, communications and consulting, and specializes in optimizing clinical provider teams and working to integrate advanced practice providers (APPs) into the care delivery system.
As organizations look for better ways to meet goals around access, quality, service and affordability, the focus on team-based care intensifies. With her extensive knowledge of current provider trends and the evolving APP landscape, Amy works with hospitals and health systems nationwide to assess clinical operations and provide guidance on how to redesign care delivery – ensuring that physician and APP teams operate efficiently and effectively.
Amy’s experience includes:
- Optimizing provider teams and increasing the utilization of physician assistants and nurse practitioners to maximize productivity and improve organizational efficiency.
- Developing structures and programs to increase access, provide quality care and reduce provider burnout.
- Transforming models of care within multiple departments and settings.
- Improving physician assistant and nurse practitioner recruitment and retention strategies.
- Partnering with health care organizations and associations to support positive practice environments for APPs.
- Developing and delivering leadership programming, content and training to health care employees.
Amy previously served as the Managing Director of the American Academy of Physician Assistants’ Center for Healthcare Leadership and Management, where she led the development of health care advisory services and APP program development for health care organizations nationwide.
She holds a master’s degree in education with a focus on higher education administration from Ohio University, and a bachelor’s degree in history from Denison University in Ohio.