Sally LaFond is a Principal with Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. With more than 15 years of consulting and advisory experience, Sally works with boards and senior leadership of health care, higher education and other tax-exempt organizations on executive compensation programs and related governance matters.
Prior to joining SullivanCotter, Sally practiced law with a multinational law firm, primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance and governance issues. She also served as a senior leader in a regional not-for-profit executive compensation consulting firm specializing in hospitals and independent colleges and universities.
Sally’s expertise includes the following:
- Compensation philosophy and strategy development.
- Intermediate sanctions compliance and Form 990 reporting.
- Executive contracts and severance arrangements.
- Total compensation program assessment and evaluation to determine reasonableness, competitiveness and alignment with the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Reasonableness opinions regarding reasonableness of compensation provided to disqualified persons of not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations.
- Assisting compensation committee members with the development of performance measures for top executives.
- Board and compensation committee education on matters relating to executive compensation, intermediate sanctions compliance and governance.
- Board governance of compensation programs.