Tom Pavlik is the Managing Principal of Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc.’s Chicago office and is responsible for the Firm’s annual Survey of Manager and Executive Compensation in Hospitals and Health Systems. Tom has more than 20 years of consulting experience, primarily in the not-for-profit health care industry.
During his career, Tom has managed numerous projects in executive, physician and employee compensation in health care organizations. A sample of these includes the following:
- Facilitating the development of compensation philosophies and strategies for client organizations.
- Designing, implementing and communicating executive, physician and employee compensation and benefits programs.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding the reasonableness of compensation provided to disqualified persons of not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations.
- Identifying and defining organization and individual performance measures and criteria for incentive and performance management programs.
- Designing and conducting custom compensation and benefits surveys.
- Designing and developing recognition and reward programs.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Science in computer science from St. Cloud State University and his Master of Business Administration from the College of William and Mary. He is a member of WorldatWork, by whom he is designated a Certified Compensation Professional, and the Society for Human Resources Management.